Dates for the Spring 2016 Gas Products
Training Courses in Decatur, IL
February 23-24, 2016 | March 29-30, 2016 | April 19-20, 2016
The two-day course will cover the entire Mueller Product line with a focus on small and large drilling and stopping machines. Pipe sizes and related equipment from ¾” through 12” will be covered during the course. A tour of our Decatur plant and the Hieronymus Mueller Museum will also be included with the class.
The course starts at 8:30am each day and includes lunch and dinner compliments of Mueller Co. Attendees must make their own travel arrangements, as well as hotel reservations. The Mueller recommended hotel is the Decatur Conference Center & Hotel. Ask for the Mueller Co. rate and receive special pricing.
Newly remodeled Standard/Double rooms: $109/Night + taxes/incidentals and $114/Night + taxes/incidentals (includes breakfast)
Decatur Conference Center & Hotel
4191 US 36 West (Wyckles Rd.) • Decatur, IL 62522
Class size is limited to allow each participant ample opportunity for close-up, often hands-on observation of equipment demonstrations. For more information or to discuss other class options, contact your Mueller Regional Account Manager, or Customer Service at 800-798-3131.
Topics covered include:
- Catalog Review – Understanding how to select the proper equipment for your application
- E-5/EH-5 – Best applications for using the E series of equipment
- D-5/DH-5 – Best applications for using the D series of equipment
- Service Tees/Service Stop Tees/Curb Stop Tees – Main differences between our tee options. Features, functions and benefits of each
- Autoperf® Tees/Transition Tees – How to properly operate this self-tapping tee and the necessary equipment to work in the safest possible manner
- One-piece/Low Pressure Line Stopping Fittings (Half Stops) – Instructions on how to best utilize this fitting in your gas system
- ¾” – 2” Two-Piece Line Stopper Fittings – Instructions on how to best utilize different style and pressure rated fittings in your gas system
- Meter Valves/Meter Bars – Review of different options and styles of Mueller Meter Valves and Meter Bars
- Valve Changer – Proper use of Mueller® Valve Changer Plugging Unit and Safety Clamp for replacing meter valve without the unnecessary release of gas
- Repair Clamps/Pipe Repair Products – Learn more about Mueller’s extensive selection of Repair Clamps for 1/2” to 36” gas mains and Pipe Repair Products
- Drilling and Tapping Machines – Overview of the Mueller offerings for tapping cast iron and steel gas mains using the B-101 and A-3 machines
- Power Operators – Find out more information on Mueller’s choices of air or hydraulic power operators for drilling using our small drilling equipment or large drilling equipment
- C1-36 Drilling Machine – detailed operation training, maintenance and repair tips, troubleshooting and frequently asked questions
- 3SW/3SW-500/4SW Stopping Machines – procedures for use of large stopping equipment, maintenance tips and discussion on Steel Wedge Stoppers
- Completions Machines – how to properly align equipment, insert completion plug, and how to extract a plug from an existing fitting
- Gate Valves – review of proper selection of gate valves for your specific job
For more information on the Mueller® NO-BLO® Gas Product Training School, please contact us.